Monday, November 26, 2012

New toys


I added a new tool to my collection tonight... the Ryobi Reciprocal saw! Very excited to use it this weekend. I opted for the one+ battery, it's more compact and holds more power. I was a little sad that you have to purchase the saw and the battery and charger separately though. A little deceiving to look online and go "Oh awesome, it's only $40!" Nope, you're going to have to fork out another $60 for the battery and charger. Good news is it is compatible with all of Ryobi's other battery powered tools, so I guess I've committed myself to continue purchasing their products.

The other unfortunate thing is the length of the two blades that come with the saw, they're pretty short... likely too short to cut fence posts this weekend so I'll have to go hunt down some longer ones.



I also purchased this super awesome compact bolt cutters. It folds up nice and small to fit in my toolbox!

What's that, 'you have a toolbox?' you ask?


I do now!

Look at all those compartments! Sadly though, the compartments on the left side are not long enough for most tools, I think they're more meant for screws and other fun such things, but I'd much rather have things like my screwdrivers and pliers and such organized up top than in the big bucket below. Either way, I love this little thing. My car was becoming so unorganized and messy with all the house tool crap floating around in there, and this helps me keep it all contained to one area so that passengers aren't stepping on my tools.



No comments:

Post a Comment